Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Ivy-Covered Window

I've been saving this picture since late summer. I think it looks as if it came straight out of a fairy tale. Just for fun, I played with it a little bit. Nothing drastic, but just some subtle changes to make it a little mystical. Which one do you like best? The first one is the original.

ivy-covered window

ivy-covered window

ivy-covered window

Rain all day. I was on the computer getting the formatting done on News from Dead Mule Swamp. All day. Tomorrow needs a bit more activity in it. I decree it to be!

ivy-covered window

Sorry... I just had to add one more!

See Just WOW in Blue and White
if you like this blog, click the +1  

9 comments:

rainfield61 said...

A house in a "forest".

Unknown said...

I have been trying to add a comment and have been refused ... here I go again.

Just wanted to say what a marvellous and picturesque place ... as you say straight our of any fairytale!

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I like the original, we use to see lots of cottages with shutters, ivy & window box -- still a few about, double glazing seems to have taken over, pity I still like shutters but on the inside :)

Secondary Roads said...

Something out of a dream--or a fairy tale. I like the second one best. The third one makes me feel like I'm in a dream and reality only exists in the window. Terrific images!

Ann said...

it does look like something from a fairy tail. I like the second one the best.
We're supposed to have rain all day today, don't think much will get done around here

Ivy said...

I love it! I love ivies in romantic settings, lol. You're right. That window is straight out of a fairy tale. I like the 2nd picture the best as well.:)

Unknown said...

I think that I like the first one the best! Very cool.

john bain said...

I like the last one best. But think they are all brilliant.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- makes me think the vines will just suddenly grow instantly and cover everything

Polly- sorry you had difficulty! To me, it looks more typical of England than America

Carol- Well, I suppose everyone likes to be warm and not so drafty

Chuck- there's just enough in the windows to make one wonder...

Ann- I also like the second one best!

Ivy! I didn't even think about your name... This is the kind of house you need, right?

John- reality is fanciful enough, right?

John B- It was an afterthought. I came back and added it because I liked it so much.